Copyrighted Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. Images from the Mill Valley Public Library will be credited with the standard credit line: Courtesy of the Lucretia Little History Room, Mill Valley Public Library (and to the photographer or creator if known). This credit line is to appear alongside the reproduction. If a publication or film/video production uses material it may appear at the end. Mill Valley Public Library Mill Valley Public Library History Room, 375 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley, CA, 94941, 415-389-4292 x131 Circa 1900 Copyright by Mill Valley Public Library
Constantine de Cello (or DeSella) is standing in front of Summit House, an inn built in 1890 on the Bolinas Ridge at Ridgecrest on the Bolinas-San Rafael Stage Road. Summit House, also called Halfway House, was originally run by Mr. Larsen and is also known as Larsen's. In 1900 Larsen sold the inn to de Cello. William Kent referred to de Cello as "The Greek" and the inn as the "lodge and cafe". De Cello, with a long white beard, is seen standing outside the house wearing a vest with pocket watch and a hat. There is a chimney in back of de Cello on the outside of the house.
1 photographic print: 12.5 x 18 cm.
http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/kt6c6026nx CMLPL_172 photo cabinet 1, Hotels and Taverns
Tourist camps & hostels Hotels Hiking Hikers Taverns (Inns) Constantine de Cello Constantine DeSella The Greek Mr. Larsen Summit House Lodge and Cafe William Kent Halfway House Larsen's
Ridgecrest Mount Tamalpais Bolinas Ridge Bolinas-San Rafael Stage Road