This image is being made available for educational and research purposes only, under the fair use clause of the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17 § 107 U.S.C.) Further questions regarding the image or its use may be directed to the California History and Genealogy Room, Fresno County Public Library, 2420 Mariposa St., Fresno, CA 93721-2285; (559) 488-3195, press #3, then #5.
The Fresno Weekly Expositor Newspaper first made its appearance in Millerton Calif. on 27 April 1870, founded by J.W. Ferguson acting as both editor and owner. Moved to Fresno in 1874 along with the county seat, located on J (Fulton) Street near the corner of Tulare. Became a daily paper in 1881 and moved into a new two-story building in 1888. After numerous ownership changes, a syndicate called the Fresno Publishing Company took over the newspaper in 1897, but the financial difficulties forced the paper to close on 1 September, 1898.