Under copyright Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work. Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
Rights Holder and Contact
The first of three 1926 journals describing Meigs's travels with Dr. Carl O. Sauer, his graduate advisor; Sam Dickens; and Fred Kniffen. This party retraced much of the 1925 route south, again stopping in Ensenada, Santo Tomás, the Johnson Ranch, San Quintín, and El Rosario. They travelled farther south and took several days to survey the Misión San Fernando de Velicatá and environs before visiting the mining operation at Onyx, or El Mármol. They returned to San Diego on June 7th, afterwhich Meigs and San Dickens returned to Baja California on June 12th to conduct further fieldwork as far south as San Vicente. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (http://libraries.ucsd.edu/collections/sca/) This digital image is a surrogate of an item from the Peveril Meigs Baja California Research Materials (MSS 530). [Title, Date]. Peveril Meigs Baja California Research Materials. MSS 530. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.