For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. email@example.com
“Staff of Murray College. (L to R back row) 1. [Muh Abin Batt] B.A. (maths) 2. Anditto (economics) 3. [?] 4. Ref. Davla (history) 5. Deva Datta (philosophy) (L to R middle row) 6. Pandit (sanskrit) 7. Scott (anything) 8. [Arabre Maver] 9. Paterson (Eng.) 10. Garrett (Eng. Poetry) (L to R front row) 11. Parmehand [maths senior] 12. Dean M. Se. (science). Nos. 2, 4, 7, 9, 10, 12 are Christians.” Group portrait of several professors at Murray College in Sialkot. Some of the names of the professors are illegible or difficult to read. Murray College was first established as the Scottish Mission College in 1889 by Rev. Youngson. It was nationalised by the Pakistan Government in 1972. Some of those pictured here include Rev. Robert McCheyne Paterson, ordained 1885, and Rev. John Garrett, appointed professor in 1913.