Copyright status unknown. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Newspaper advertisement requesting donations from the San Bruno and Lomita Park areas to support the opening of a local USO Club, ca. 1942. The USO Club, called the Hospitality House, catered to locally stationed and returning US troops, was open from July 1942 to January 1946. The Club was located at the old school on Elm Avenue (currently the San Bruno Park School District offices) and run by Mrs. Helen Pinkerton.
25.5 x 21 cm Unknown
Soldiers--California--San Bruno USO clubs--California--San Bruno
San Bruno Public Library California Revealed is supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.