Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The original Bullock's store in Westwood was of Spanish style architecture and served the community from 1932 until 1951. The second store was designed by Welton Becket and opened in 1952. The start of the excavation for the $100,000 addition to Bullock's Westwood store in Westwood Village. Spectators are watching a power shovel at work. The new addition, which will increase the investment in the store building to $250,000, will contain a tea room, two patios and a beauty studio. It will be ready in August, according to the Janss Investment Co., owners of the building. Photograph dated June 8, 1935.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00058853 Herald Examiner Collection HE box 3015 CARL0000062852 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/22629