Material in the public domain. No restrictions on use. For more information on copyright or permissions for this image, please contact the California Room: http://www.sjlibrary.org/research/special/ca/contacts_index.htm
Beaty's Hotel, formerly Mansion House Hotel, built in 1850 by Joseph S. Ruckel; bought by Abraham (Abe) Smith Beaty in 1854. Butterfield Overland Mail Station (1858-1861) building at right, with sign, "Steam boat line stage office for San Francisco."
image/jpeg2000 Scanned with Epson Perfection V350 Photo Scanner as a 800 dpi TIFF image in 16-bit Grayscale. Compressed into JPEG format and Auto Level image adjustment applied using Photoshop CS2.