Permission to publish the image must be obtained from the CSUDH Archives as owner of the physical item and copyright. In instances when copyright ownership is not clear it is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain copyright permission.
Fire Station No. 1, located behind City Hall (3rd and Pacific), demolished after suffering damage in 1933 earthquake. Tent borrowed from Barnum Circus served as apparatus bay, with quickly-built wooden structure used for administration. Tent served as temporary headquarters from June 1933 to March 1, 1935. Ocean Center Building, with small circular roof, visible in far background. Same as Photo 14.