Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
2018-0641. Originally built in 1856 in Second Empire style for Sheldon Fogus by architect Seth Babson; purchased by Leland and Jane Stanford. In 1900 Jane gave mansion to Catholic Diocese of Sacramento for use as home for children, Stanford Home for Children; run by Sisters of Mercy and, later, Sisters of Social Service. Purchased by the State of California as park, Leland Stanford Mansion State Historic Park.
1 postcard : photographic print ; 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 in.
Stanford, Leland,, 1824-1893--Homes and haunts--California--Sacramento--Photographs Stanford Home for Children--Photographs Mansions--California--Sacramento Orphanages--California--Sacramento Sacramento (Calif.)--Photographs Stanford House State Historic Park (Calif.)--Photographs Photographic prints Photographic postcards
California Sacramento Sacramento (Calif.) Stanford House State Historic Park (Calif.)