Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Exterior view, main entrance, of the Pio Pico Branch Library building, located at 1025 S. Oxford and Connecticut Avenue. A plaque on the wall reads, "Los Angeles Public Library, Pico Heights Branch". The 2,800 square-foot facility was completed and open to the public in October 1923; in 1926 it was officially named the Pio Pico Branch after Pio de Jesus Pico, the last governor of Mexican California. Structural problems led to the demolition of the historic building in 1979, and bookmobile service was established in the community for nearly two years until the branch found temporary quarters, 2,300 square feet, at 2631 W. Olympic Boulevard.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00059666 Security Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Libraries-LAPL-Branches-Pio Pico. CARL0000063681 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/105210
Los Angeles Public Library.--Pio Pico Branch Branch libraries--California--Los Angeles Architecture--California--Los Angeles--Spanish influences