Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
Typed on back: "Northwest corner of River and Santa Clara Street during flood of 1911. Site of buildings on left now occupied by Artana and Widney Blgs." The electric light tower can be seen in the distance. An automobile is making its way down the street. A blacksmith shop appears to be on the left. Featured in the "City with a Past" exhibit with this caption: The 1911 flood of the Guadalupe on Santa Clara Street looking east. The river has periodically flooded downtown San Jose.