Shades of L.A. is an archive of photographs representing the contemporary and historic diversity of families in Los Angeles. Images were chosen from family albums and include daily life, social organizations, work, personal and holiday celebrations, and migration and immigration activities. Made possible and accessible through the generous support of the Security Pacific National Bank, Sunlaw Cogeneration Partners, Photo Friends, California Council for the Humanities, the Ralph M. Parsons Foundation, and the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation
Images available for reproduction and educational use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/orderinguse.html for additional information. The contents of this collection are restricted to personal, research, and non-commercial use. The Library cannot share the personal and/or contact information of the donors, their descendants, or associates who contributed photographs and oral histories to the collection.
Title supplied by cataloger.; Image is a reproduction. The main altar of Our Lady of Holy Rosary Mission on the day the church closed. The Mission was founded in 1920 by Mexican Catholics because they were not allowed to attend other Catholic churches. The site at the northwest corner of Colton Street and Beaudry Avenue was closed August 29, 1993 by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and sold to the Los Angeles Unified School District as a site for a new middle school, the Edward R. Roybal Learning Center.
1 photographic print :color ;11 x 16 cm. Photographic prints
Our Lady of Holy Rosary Mission Catholic Church (Los Angeles, Calif.) Catholic Church.--Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Calif.) Catholic churches--California--Los Angeles Church buildings--California--Los Angeles Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Altars--California--Los Angeles Shades of L.A. Collection photographs Shades of L.A. Mexican American photographs