This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
The Villa Cabrini Academy became available upon its discontinuance in June 1970 as a Catholic grade and secondary school for girls, due to a "shortage of religious personnel." Founded in 1905 by the late Mother Frances Xavier Cabrini as a "preventorium" for children predisposed to tuberculosis, the mission became a resident academy in 1937. During the three decades that followed, expansion added 18 buildings, the latest one, a dormitory. The campus was acquired in the mid-1980s by Woodbury University. Partial view of the Villa Cabrini Academy located at 7500 Glenoaks Blvd. in Burbank; this may possibly be the main entrance. Photograph dated June 6, 1947.
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
Villa Cabrini Academy Catholic schools--California--Burbank (Los Angeles County) School buildings--California--Burbank (Los Angeles County) Driveways--California--Burbank (Los Angeles County) Mountains--California, Southern Verdugo Mountains (Calif.) Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.) Valley Times Collection photographs