This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Pictured in 1952 is the recently completed McKesson and Robbins warehouse at the corner of Richards Boulevard and Seventh Street. Opened in the fall of 1950 and costing nearly $1,000,000, the facility was designed by the accomplished Sacramento architect Herbert E. Goodpastor and built by Affiliated Engineers and Contractors, Incorporated. Purposed to accommodate the storage and distribution of both drugs and liquor, the 100,000 square foot building was the largest of its kind ever built. Based in San Francisco, McKesson and Robbins celebrated its one hundred year anniversary the same year this photograph was taken.