This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Three workers in the Holland Welding and Machine building at 215 and 217 O Street are shown borring the bearing fit on a gear by way of a portable boring bar. This photograph was taken on June 18, 1937. By 1941, Holland was one of six machine and metal shops working of contracts with the United States Department of Defense. The business was founded in 1927 by the Alabama-born Byron Holland.