Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows elevated front view of the Theodore H. Pennekamp residence, located on Paseo del Sol on lot 21, block 1540 in Malaga Cove. T.H. Pennekamp (d. 7/29/31) was the director of finance for the Palos Verdes Homes Association. View shows south and west sides of home with stone retaining wall, three-car garage and chimney. The two-story, nine-room house with flat, clay-tile roof, called "shingle tile", was the 100th home built in Palos Verdes. The home was later owned (1964) by Melzer Jones. The Pacific Coast of Torrance and Redondo Beach is visible in background. Other homes are visible to the left. Partial view of the "mule camp" is visible at far right. Date Built: 1926 Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association PVH building permit #100.