Skip to main content

Image / West gable end and south facade of the Petaluma & Santa Rosa ...

Have a question about this item?

Item Information. View source record on contributor's website.

Title
West gable end and south facade of the Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railway Powerhouse built 1903 from Stony Point Quarry rock, June 15, 1990
Creator
Harris, Dennis E. (Dennis Earl), 1939-2009
Date Created and/or Issued
1990
Contributing Institution
Sonoma County Library
Collection
Western Sonoma County Historical Society Collection
Rights Information
Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: https://wschs.org/contact-us
Description
Photo--black and white: The Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railway Powerhouse built 1903 from Stony Point Quarry rock. The Powerhouse served as the freight depot and housed the step-down transformers for the Sebastopol substation for the P&SR electric railway. The Powerhouse has been in private ownership since the 1960s. Photo by Dennis E. Harris, June 15, 1990, the Powerhouse faces north-east, photo taken of west gable end and south facades. Present address 230 Petaluma Avenue. The Powerhouse was later named the Hogan Building when Hogan Schoch & Assoc, land surveyors, occupied the Powerhouse building.
Type
Image
Format
Still image
Identifier
45e5d898-8ce4-47db-9e89-413eab4aff51
https://digital.sonomalibrary.org/documents/detail/46813
https://images.quartexcollections.com/sonomalibrary/thumbnails/preview/45e5d898-8ce4-47db-9e89-413eab4aff51
cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll11/id/1474

Explore related content on Calisphere: