Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The 2,800 square-foot facility was completed and open to the public in October 1923. In 1926 it was officially named the Pio Pico Branch after Pio de Jesus Pico, the last governor of Mexican California. Landscaping plants and a flag pole give the branch a polished look. Exterior view of the Pio Pico Branch Library building at 3255 Connecticut Street.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00059681 Security Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Libraries-LAPL-Branches-Pio Pico; 3(563) CARL0000063694 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/105215
Los Angeles Public Library.--Pio Pico Branch Architecture--California--Los Angeles--Spanish influences Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Branch libraries--California--Los Angeles