Copyright is assigned to the San José State University Special Collections & Archives. All requests for permission to publish or quote from this collection must be submitted in writing to the Director of Special Collections. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Special Collections & Archives. Copyright restrictions may apply to digital reproductions of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes. For more information on copyright or permissions for this image, please contact San Jose State University Special Collections & Archives department. http://library.sjsu.edu/sjsu-special-collections/sjsu-special-collections-and-archives
Photograph shows a street view of the 1926 annex to the original YWCA building. There is a sign for "Ted Weaver Shoes" across the street from the annex and another sign for "Em Rae's College of Beauty" on the same side of the street as the annex at the end of the block. On recto of mounting paper: "1926 section." "The building at 210 S. Second St. closed May 31, 1973." The wrecking crew arrived in October. From Fran Smith, "Breaking Ground: The Daring Women of the YWCA in the Santa Clara Valley, 1905-2005, " (2005), p.94.