The formal opening of Sears Roebuck retail store at Vermont and Slauson on June 25, 1927. Mayor Cryer and R. W. Pridham, president of the Chamber of Commerce, gave welcoming addresses. The building is on a five acre site with the majority of space given to parking. Built in Spanish Revival style, the exterior is finished in plaster and trimmed with cast stone. Architects are George C. Simmons & Co. of Chicago. Photo dated: Jun. 25, 1927.