For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. email@example.com
“The girl boarders were moved into the previous boys b. school.” Exterior view of school accommodation with school girls standing between the buildings and a swimming pool. Margaret Bowman was principle of the girls' boarding school, assisted by Phyllis Zakayo, when the dormitories were built in 1950. In1952 the dormitories were switched due to an increase in the number of girl boarders and boys tending towards becoming day pupils. ❧ The image is from the collection of Dr Archibald Clive Irvine (1893-1974) showing the period from 1947-1961 at the Chogoria mission which was established near Mt Kenya, in 1922, and run by Dr Irvine.