This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
This July 1, 1971, photograph shows the storefront of Sacramento Auto Supply at 1120 J Street. The business was founded in 1934 by first generation Yugoslav-Americans George, John and Marco Nicovich. Their parents immigrated in 1906 to the United States from, what was at the time, the Austro-Hungarian Empire. John and Marco passed away in 1980. George operated the store until his death in 1993. The business closed its door soon thereafter.