Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The Burbank Villa Hotel was built in 1887 by Dr. Burbank and his son-in-law John W. Griffin at a cost of $30,000.00. It was later renamed the Santa Rosa Hotel and remodeled into apartments. By the late-1920s, it had been torn down and replaced with the post office located at 135 E. Olive Avenue. Photo of Olive Avenue shortly after the founding of Burbank. View is looking north. On the left side a part of the Burbank Times can be seen. Right next is the old boomtime hotel, the Burbank Villa Hotel followed by the Burbank Block, erected in 1889.
1 photographic print :b&w Photographic prints
00030931 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection Burbank-Streets; N-003-521 8x10 CARL0000033372 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/96095
Burbank Villa Hotel (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif.) Hotels--California--Burbank (Los Angeles County) Dirt roads--California--Burbank (Los Angeles County) Queen Anne revival (Architecture)--California--Burbank (Los Angeles County) Lost architecture--California--Burbank (Los Angeles County) Mountains--California, Southern Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.) Verdugo Mountains (Calif.)