This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Pictured on October 13, 1930, is the Collis P. Huntington, also known as Engine Number One, and first locmotive purchased by the Southern Pacific Railroad. Posing before the engine are, left to right, G.A. Knoblaugh, erecting shop foreman, Henry W. Shartzer, tender shop foreman, Raymond J. Thomas, stow delivery foreman, N.L. McCracken, drop pit foreman, Otto Pfyffer, paint shop foreman, Ed Manzer, stripping gang foreman, and Richard Scott, machine shop pit foreman. The photograph was taken by drftsman D.L. Joslyn.