Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Created in the 1880's under the name Westlake Park, the park was later renamed in honor of General Douglas MacArthur. This picture was taken in the late 1890's. Transportation was still by horse and carriage (lower left of picture) and ladies carried parisols to shade themselves from the sun. Note that the buildings across the lake are still low level houses.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00010763 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Parks-MacArthur Park; S-000-191 8x10; A-008-201 4x5 CARL0000012772 http://22.214.171.124/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/84635
Parks--California--Los Angeles Westlake (Los Angeles, Calif.) MacArthur Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)