This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Resting at the northwest corner of Fifteenth and J Streets in circa 1910 is the First Methodist Episcopal Church, South. Built in 1905, the structure could seat up to 600 members within its octagon interior. Eight Sunday-school classrooms also had the ability to open into the church's apse. The structure was razed in 1924.