Copyright is assigned to the San Jose State University Special Collections & Archives. All requests for permission to publish or quote from this collection must be submitted in writing to the Director of Special Collections. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Special Collections & Archives. Copyright restrictions may apply to digital reproductions of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes. For more information on copyright or permissions for this image, please contact San Jose State University Special Collections & Archives department. http://library.sjsu.edu/sjsu-special-collections/sjsu-special-collections-and-archives
Photograph is of Mary Root, Inez Jackson, Lois Cullison, and Mrs. John Goldsborogh standing at a table with items from the 1926 cornerstone box. The box is on the table by Mrs. Goldsborogh and she is holding a sheet of paper that she may be reading from. A group of women are in seats in the background. "The building a 210 S. Second St. closed May 31, 1973. Lois Cullison the YW's top administrator, removed the cornerstones of 1915 and 1926, and gave plaques of appreciation to the empoloyees, some of whom were losing their jobs." From Fran Smith, "Breaking Ground:The Daring Women of the YWCA in the Santa Clara Valley, 1905-2005, " (2005), p. 94.