Doheny Memorial Library, Los Angeles, CA 90089-0189 Public Domain. Release under the CC BY Attribution license--http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/--Credit both “University of Southern California. Libraries” and “California Historical Society” as the source. Digitally reproduced by the USC Digital Library; From the California Historical Society Collection at the University of Southern California Send requests to address or e-mail given USC Libraries Special Collections firstname.lastname@example.org
Photograph of an exterior view of the first Kaspare Cohn Hospital at one thousand four hundred forty Carroll Avenue, [s.d.]. The hospital building resembles a Victorian mansion and has a covered porch at left and a tall cylindrical tower at right. There is a large palm tree in the foreground at center. Several people are gathered on the lawn in front of the hospital, including several women in light dresses and two men in dark suits and hats sitting in chairs. The hospital moved from Carroll to Stevenson Avenue (later Whittier Boulevard), two blocks east of Indiana Street. The hospital later became the Cedars of Lebanon Hospital after moving to the four thousand seven hundred block of Fountain Avenue.
1 photograph : photonegative, b&w 21 x 26 cm. negatives (photographic) photographs
chs-m1800 USC-1-1-1-1852 [Legacy record ID] CHS-11097 http://doi.org/10.25549/chs-m1800 http://thumbnails.digitallibrary.usc.edu/CHS-11097.jpg
First Kaspare Cohn Hospital Hospitals Los Angeles City--Architecture--Hospitals--General Buildings
1440 Carroll Avenue Angelino Heights Los Angeles California USA
1-16-70; 1-63- [Microfiche number] 11097 [Accession number] CHS-11097 [Call number] California Historical Society [Contributing entity]