Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Mission San Gabriel Arcangel, also known as the San Gabriel Mission, is a former Roman Catholic mission and current historic landmark; it was the fourth of 21 California missions to be founded. The mission was designed by Father Antonio Cruzado, and was built from 1791 to 1805 out of cut stone, brick, and mortar. Mission San Gabriel Arcangel, often referred to as the "Godmother of the Pueblo of Los Angeles", was added in 1971 as a National Historic Landmark, building #71000158. It is also a California Historical Landmark, No. 158. Two addresses are given for the mission: 428 South Mission Drive, and 537 West Mission Drive at Junipero Street. View of the monument marking the first site of San Gabriel Mission, located at San Gabriel Boulevard and Lincoln Avenue at Rio Hondo Bridge. Mission San Gabriel Arcangel, founded September 6, 1771, was originally named "Mision del Santo Principe el Arcangel San Gabriel de los Temblores alias Poviscanga".
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00079256 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection Missions-San Gabriel-Arcangel.; N-002-533 8x10 CARL0000080748 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/111966
Mission San Gabriel Arcangel (San Gabriel, Calif.) Missions, Spanish--California--San Gabriel Monuments--California--San Gabriel Streets--California--San Gabriel Cruzado, Antonio San Gabriel (Calif.)