Sharrard Residence, 640 Via del Monte, Palos Verdes Estates
Withey, Henry F. (architect) Miller, George E. (builder) Roe, Mr. (owner) Roetner, Mr. (owner) Sharrard, Lester A. (owner) Sharrard, Mary (owner) Barnes, Donald P. (owner) Barnes, Thedia Schellenberg (owner) Mitchler, Mark (owner) Mitchler, Connie (owner)
Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows view of the Lester A. & Mary Sharrard residence, located on Via del Monte on lot 11, block 1516, tract 6884 in Malaga Cove. Image shows garden and outdoor sitting room of single-story, six-room stucco house with tile roof, chimney and detached garage. Sitting area has caned and wooden patio furniture and fireplace with pottery on mantelpiece. Lush landscaping with stone pathways and retaining walls are visible in foreground and background. The house was originally owned by "Messrs Roe & Roetner", and later owned by [Donald P. & Thedelia ?] Barnes (by 1932), and Mark & Connie Mitchler (1977). Date Built: 1924 Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association Citation: Palos Verdes Bulletin, November 1930, p. 2. PVH building permit #17.