This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information. http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/UND/1.0/
Holy Cross Hospital was founded by the Sisters of Holy Cross and was originally slated to be built in Panorama City. It was eventually built at 15031 Rinaldi Street in Mission Hills and opened in 1961. In 1996 the Sisters of Providence acquired the hospital and renamed it Providence Holy Cross Medical Center. Photograph caption dated May 26, 1959 reads "Stephen B. Newton, general chairman for Holy Cross Hospital fund, accepts check from Mrs. Floyd Zastrow, left, and Mrs. William Brooks, grand regent, presented in name of San Fernando Catholic Daughters of America. Funds, which will be used for North Valley hospital, were raised as result of fashion show sponsored by San Fernando CYO."
1 photographic print : b&w ; 21 x 26 cm.
00156012 Valley Times Collection; HCNVT_d060_f18_i22 http://126.96.36.199/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/129308
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center (Los Angeles, Calif.) Catholic Daughters of America Fund raisers (Persons) Fund raising Men Women Associations, institutions, etc Checks San Fernando Valley (Calif.) Portrait photographs Group portraits