Olive street looking north near what today would be near the corner of Olive Avenue and First Street. Dr. Burbank and his son built the building in the middle left, the Burbank Villa. The nearest building on the left housed "The Times," a small weekly paper that had its first publication in November 1887. The building closest to the mountains on the left was Burbank's first brick building and was constructed on the northeast corner of Olive Avenue and San Fernando Road. The building visible in the back right is the Providencia Methodist Episcopal Church that was dedicated in 1884. Photo was taken in late 1880s. Back of photo is stamped "This photograph is furnished on condition that whenever it is used credit will be given to Historical Collections: Security First National Bank." This image came from a collection of negatives donated by the Delores Palmer Estate. She was a BUSD employee for many years and authored the book "A History of Burbank."
nonprojected graphic 8x9 b&w print
islandora:2291 local: pub00169
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)--Streets--Buildings--1880s