This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
The original Clunie building was built in the 1880s as a theatre, and had a hotel expansion in the early 1900s. It also had a well-known coffee shop owned by Eddie Bedell until 1959. The hotel closed in 1980.