Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Developer Cliff Henderson and his brother Randall had visions for this tract of empty desert in the early 1940s. One of their first developments was Shadow Mountain Club, which was established in 1946 and officially opened in December 1948. It was designed in mid-century modern stone; with a wood and glass clubhouse that half circled an enormous figure eight swimming pool (appearing empty, mid-photo), with an amazing view of the desert and snow-capped mountains. Looking down upon Shadow Mountain Club, located at 45750 San Luis Rey in Palm Desert; top of image is west. Photograph dated February 19, 1955.
1 negative :safety ;12 x 14 cm. Photographic safety negatives