Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Exterior view of the Vernon Branch Library, 4504 South Central Avenue which was built in 1915 with a Carnegie grant totaling $35,000 and designed by Charles H. Kysor & Charles H. Biggar in the Classical Revival style. It had an open air reading room that could be converted into a closed room by means of a sliding sash. The library replaced a library delivery station that had been maintained by neighborhood residents since 1901. In 1974, this building was demolished after it had suffered significant damage in the 1971 earthquake. Photograph dated March 30, 1928.
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00086110 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Libraries-LAPL-Branches-Vernon CARL0004795158 http://22.214.171.124/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/113383
Los Angeles Public Library.--Vernon Branch Branch libraries--California--Los Angeles Library buildings--California--Los Angeles Public libraries--California--Los Angeles Carnegie libraries--California--Los Angeles Kysor & Biggar