Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
MacArthur Park, created in the 1880's under the name Westlake Park, was later renamed in honor of General Douglas MacArthur. In this picture, taken from the middle of the lake, we see various canoes (1 in the middle and others on the far side) and ducks, including at least one swan, in the water. The boathouse is on the far side.
1 photographic print :b&w Photographic prints
00010712 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Parks-MacArthur Park (formerly Westlake Park) CARL0000012714 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/88104
Canoes and canoeing--California--Los Angeles Lakes--California--Los Angeles Parks--California--Los Angeles Westlake (Los Angeles, Calif.) MacArthur Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)