Materials in the Department of Archives and Special Collections may be subject to copyright. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, Loyola Marymount University does not claim ownership of the copyright of any materials in its collections. Please refer to: http://library.lmu.edu/generalinformation/departments/digitallibraryprogram/copyrightandreproductionpolicy/
View of the Los Angeles Union Station with the Los Angeles City Hall and the Federal Building in the background. The Los Angeles Union Station was designed by John Parkinson and Donald B. Parkinson in the mixture of Spanish Colonial, Mission Revival, and Streamline Modern styles. Opened in 1939, its official name was the Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal (LAUPT), until the Catellus Development later changed it to Los Angeles Union Station (LAUS). It was the last passenger terminal built in United States as a joint project by the Southern Pacific, Santa Fe, and Union Pacific railroads. Located across from the El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historic Park, the Los Angeles Union Station was designated a historic cultural monument in 1976. Publisher's serial number: 707 Printed on linen textured paper.
Railroad stations--California--Los Angeles City halls--California--Los Angeles Post offices--California--Los Angeles Public buildings--California--Los Angeles Los Angeles City Hall (Los Angeles, Calif.) Union Passenger Terminal (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.)