This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Pictured in circa 1985, at Mather Field, is a B-52G bomber being displayed during one of the base's annual community guest days. B-52s arrived at Mather in 1958 becoming a base fixture - as part of the 320th Bombardment Wing - until their liquidation in 1989 as part of 1988's Base Realignment and Closure Act. Mather opened as a Signal Corps flight training facility in February 1918 and closed in September 1993.