This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Resting between Fifteenth and Sixteenth streets and J and K streets, and facing J Street in circa 1875, is Sacramento Grammar School. The three story, red brick structure was built in 1872/73, then razed in the mid-1920s to make room for the Memorial Auditorium. Its signature cupola stretched 30 feet high, with the cupola's base to the ground measuring some 70 feet.