Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
View of pedestrians walking along St. Vincent's Court, located between Broadway and Hill Streets, north of 7th Street. St. Vincent's Court is named in honor of St. Vincent's College, which once occupied the entire block, as well as the site of Bullock's Downtown, from 1868-1887. The alleyway ran between the two halves of Bullock's Department Store. Bullock's is now a jewelry mart and the alleyway has been transformed into a pedestrian mall with building facades reminiscent of a Parisian street. The Saint Vincent Jewelry center, which opened in 1983, is one of the largest jewelry districts in the world with over 14,000 people, including nearly 5,000 jewelers working here. The area has been designated Los Angeles historical landmark #567.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00067436 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Streets-7th. CARL0000071956 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/107020
Bullock's (Department store) Stores & shops--California--Los Angeles Department stores--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Alleys--California--Los Angeles St. Vincent's Court (Los Angeles, Calif.)