Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The first Los Angeles County Courthouse, also as known as the "Red Sandstone Courthouse," was built in 1891. Located at Spring and Temple streets, the building served as the courthouse until 1933, when it sustained damage in the Long Beach earthquake; it was later demolished in 1936. A crowd has gathered to remove the cornerstone of the old Los Angeles County Courthouse on May 20, 1936.
1 photographic print :b&w ;23 x 32 cm. Photographic prints
00043380 HeraldÂ Examiner Collection HE box 60 CARL0000049087 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/14794
Los Angeles County Courthouse (Los Angeles, Calif. : 1891-1932) Courthouses--California--Los Angeles Public buildings--California--Los Angeles Crowds--California--Los Angeles Spectators--California--Los Angeles Demolition--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Herald-Examiner Collection photographs