Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Meyer & Holler designed the Egyptian Theatre (6708 Hollywood Blvd.) in 1921. The first of the "fantasy" movie palaces on Hollywood Blvd., the Egyptian retains the forecourt with original Egyptian-style paintings. The marquee was altered in the 1950s. The theater was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a contributor to the Hollywood Boulevard Commercial and Entertainment District in 1985, and in 2000 was restored and renovated by architects Hodgetts+Fung Design Associates, Inc. as home to the American Cinematheque. Crowds gather for the opening of Grauman's Egyptian Theatre featuring "Robin Hood."
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00028654 HeraldÂ Examiner Collection HE box 226 CARL0000035452 http://22.214.171.124/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/8298
Egyptian Theatre (Hollywood, Los Angeles, Calif.) Robin Hood (Motion picture) Motion picture theaters--California--Hollywood (Los Angeles) Crowds--California--Los Angeles Motion picture premieres--California--Hollywood (Los Angeles) Egyptian revival (Architecture)--California--Hollywood (Los Angeles) Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) Night photographs Herald-Examiner Collection photographs Meyer & Holler