Palo Alto Woman's Club > California Revealed from Palo Alto Woman's Club > Woman's Club of Palo Alto Constitution: June 1894-September 1900

Text / Woman's Club of Palo Alto Constitution: June 1894-September 1900

Have a question about this item?

Item Information. View source record on contributor's website.

Title
Woman's Club of Palo Alto Constitution: June 1894-September 1900
Creator
Woman's Club of Palo Alto
Date Created and/or Issued
1894-06-13
Contributing Institution
Palo Alto Woman's Club
Collection
California Revealed from Palo Alto Woman's Club
Rights Information
Public Domain. No restrictions on use.
Description
Constitution - June 20, 1894 with Amendments up to 1898; Constitution signed by 24 members; List of PAWC Members; Minutes from June 13, 1894 through September 1900; 1st meeting of The Woman's Club of Palo Alto - June 20, 1894; Presbyterian Church; The Woman's Club of Palo Alto (WCPA); First Board Officers: Pres. Mary G. Campbell, VP M. B. Culver, Sec. A. G. Warner; 4 Departments: Home, Education, Philanthropy, Art and Literature in 1894 Departments Added: Science and Education, Public Library and Reading Room, Household Economics, Village Improvement, Social; Fundraisers: 'The Cantata Queen', High Teas, Book Socials, The Messiah, Musicales, Concerts; Club Goal: To do practical work in the community; 'The Friendly Woodyard' - 1894; Speakers: Mrs. Gleason, Miss Shallenburger, Miss Clausen and Dr. Warner, Dr. Ross, Miss Severance, Dr. David Starr Jordan, Professor Mary Roberts-Smith, Dr. Clelia Mosher, Mrs. Green, Mabel Craft; Sewer Bond Issue – 1895 and 1899; Village Improvement Club; Planting trees; Opposed Chirivari; David Starr Jordan; Susan B. Anthony and Anna Shaw speak; 1896 – Suffrage Campaign; YMCA Reading Room - 1896; Julia Gilbert, Chair of Library Committee; Reading Room – 1896 – 200 volumes; Club Dues Levied to meet expenses of the Reading Room; Simpkins Store at 166 University Ave.; June 1896 – 106 members; Assets: 29. 55 in 1896; GFWC– joined in 1898; Club Goals: Self Improvement, Mutual Help and Community Involvement – 1897; 1897 - 110 members ; Lending Library – 1898; President Mrs. K. K. Hutchinson –– 1898-1899; Annie and Elizabeth Hadden – 1899; Anna Zschokke; Musical Committee and Social added as Departments in 1899; 143 members listed in 1898 – 1899; Club colors of silver and cardinal chosen in 1899; February 1898 – joined California Federation of Women's Clubs.
Type
text
Format
Original
Extent
8 x 13 in.
163 Pages of 163
Identifier
capawc_000029
Book 1
Object Identifier 12
Subject
1890-1899
Organizations and clubs
Women pioneers--California, Northern
Women--history
Place
Palo Alto (Calif.)
Provenance
Woman's Club of Palo Alto
California Revealed is supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.

Explore related content on Calisphere: