Title supplied by cataloger. The United States Veteran's Bureau Hospital, located at 13000 Sayre Street in Sylmar was the first Veteran's Bureau hospital to be constructed on the Pacific Coast. It consisted of twenty buildings costing approximately $1,500,000 and had one of the finest tubercular institutions in the world. Upon completion, it could accommodated 232 beds, and in case of an emergency, could handle 1,000 cases. The American Legion medical committee headed by Dr. Browning, assisted the Veteran's Bureau in drawing the plans and superintending the work. The hospital stood until the earthquake on Feb. 9, 1971, when it collapsed. The site is now a tree-shaded park with a view of Pacoima Canyon and a plaque memorializing the quake's 65 dead. View shows the main building of Veteran's Hospital atop the hills above San Fernando. End rooms in direct foreground are included in rest- and recreation rooms to be furnished. Photograph dated April 2, 1926.
1 photographic print :b&w ;15 x 28 cm. Photographic prints