This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
So-named since Stephen Montagu Burrows restored it. Burrows was the author of “The Buried Cities of Ceylon: A Guide Book to Anuradhapura and Polonaruwa.” London: Kegan Paul et al., 1899. The structure comprises four stone pillars on two sides supporting a decorated canopy. It is the entrance to the bodhighara with the third samādhi Buddha statue.