Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District from the Palos Verdes Library Local History Room Photo Collection. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows hand-colored photographic image with a view looking southwest of the King Neptune sculpture in Malaga Cove Plaza, with the Woosley apartment building visible in background. Created by an unknown artist in the 17th century as a copy after the original 16th century bronze fountain by Giambologna, the sculpture was imported from Italy by the collector, Arnoldo Adolfo di Segni in the late 1920s, purchased from him by the Palos Verdes Project and dedicated in Malaga Plaza on February 16, 1930. The sculpture was restored and rededicated in 1969 and 1999. Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association