For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail email@example.com National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. firstname.lastname@example.org
"The St. Ursula High School with The Science extension, 1937. Front View." Exterior view of science extension at St Ursula's school. Mrs Margaret Cooper, who arrived at the site in 1857, was responsible for much of the Girls orphanages and schools established in Nagpur and St. Ursula’s was set up by her at Sitabaldi. Education at the girls' school was largely improved by Miss Small, who worked at Nagpur from 1882 to 1934. The school was officially recognised by the Government in 1913 and had its building improved in 1923, with the first Girls’ School being established 10 Sept. 1849. Over the course of forty years she developed the school so much so that there was an increase in student uptake from 5 to 60 girls. Together with the day schools, this amounted to a total of around 260 girls attending school.