Sonoma County Library > Western Sonoma County Historical Society Collection > Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railway "Red Car" in front of the original wooden depot and powerhouse in downtown Sebastopol, California

Image / Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railway "Red Car" in front of the original ...

Have a question about this item? Contact Owner

Item Information. View source record on contributor's website.

Title
Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railway "Red Car" in front of the original wooden depot and powerhouse in downtown Sebastopol, California
Contributor
Western Sonoma County Historical Society, 261 South Main St., Sebastopol, CA 95472 (http://www.sebastopol-farm-museum.org)
Date Created and/or Issued
1904
2009-01-15
2009-08-19
2009-10-20
Contributing Institution
Sonoma County Library
Collection
Western Sonoma County Historical Society Collection
Rights Information
Western Sonoma County Historical Society, 261 South Main St., Sebastopol, CA 95472 (http://www.sebastopol-farm-museum.org)
Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: http://www.sebastopol-farm-museum.org/contact-us
Description
Photo--black and white: The L-shaped Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railway Powerhouse in left background, built circa 1904 from Stony Point Quarry rock. The Powerhouse served as the freight depot and housed the step-down transformers for the Sebastopol substation for the P&SR electric railway. In the left foreground is the original wooden Sebastopol depot station. In front of the depot is one of "The Red Cars." Fare to Santa Rosa was 10 cents. Photo facing south easterly, with north and westerly facades visible. The Powerhouse was later named the Hogan Building. The train tracks seen in the easterly direction comprise the present day (2009) Joe Rodota Trail.
GNIS
Exact geocoding
17
Title supplied by cataloger
Photo Negative Binder A
Original
Medium quality (200 dpi)
RGB
Windows
Evelyn McClure
Sally Morrison
Type
image
Format
1
Print, Photographic
black-and-white
8" x 10
image/jp2
10078208
image/tiff
8 8 8
200
Uncompressed
2016
1664
Identifier
1816
casebwsc_pho_001816
93-157 A
N204
013\1816.JPG
http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll11/id/1462
Subject
Black-and-white photographs
Transportation
P&SR Powerhouse Stony Point quarry depot freight depot electric railway buildings architecture railroads railway substation 1904 1990 Joe Rodota Trail Red Cars Hogan Building
Time Period
1900 - 1909
Place
United States
California
Sonoma
Sebastopol
South Main Street
261 South Main Street, Sebastopol, California
38.400598,-122.823373
Relation
Robert "Bud" Daveiro Collection
Western Sonoma County Historical Society Collection GUIDE
Western Sonoma County Historical Society Collection

Explore related content on Calisphere: