Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Built by Earl Gilmore, Gilmore Stadium opened in May 1934 and was demolished in 1952. The first professional football team in Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Bulldogs played at Gilmore. Before the neighboring Gilmore Field opened in 1939, the Hollywood Stars, a Pacific Coast League baseball team used Gilmore Stadium for their home games. Image depicts Gilmore Stadium, located east of Fairfax Avenue between Beverly Boulevard and 3rd Street, only a few months after it opened. Part of the midget car track used for races is present in the center of the image and a glimpse of the Fairfax neighborhood is visible in the background on the left. Photograph dated August 17, 1934.
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00075831 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Stadiums-Gilmore Stadium and Hollywood Ball Park; N-002-571.2 8x10 CARL0000078934 http://126.96.36.199/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/111147
Gilmore Stadium (Fairfax, Los Angeles, Calif.) Stadiums--California--Los Angeles Fairfax (Los Angeles, Calif.)