Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger.; Photo reproduced by Zephyr. Glendora was founded on April 1, 1887 by George D. Whitcomb and was officially incorporated as a City in 1911. In the mid-1930s, nearly all of the city's 4,500 acres of land were cultivated for citrus fruit; by the late 1950s agriculture had given way to large-scale residential development. As of 2006, population of the city known as the "Pride of the Foothills" was estimated at 51,608. Photo of "Kregmont", Charles Kregelo's 2-story home, which is located on east Palm Drive in Glendora. Charles Kregelo bought the land from John Englehardt in the late 1800s, built his home atop the hill and planted citrus orchards on the land below (not visible in this photo). His wife soon grew tired of ranch life, and the Kregelo's moved back to Los Angeles, giving the 40 acres to their daughter, Katherine.
1 photographic print :b&w ;13 x 18 cm. Photographic prints
00076293 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection Glendora-Residences-Kregelo, Charles. CARL0000078649 http://184.108.40.206/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/110867